Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Little Indoor Play

I have been meaning to blog, but last week I just didn't have it in me. I was on an emotional roller coaster. Last week brought me to my knees, I am so thankful God was there to lift me up and walk beside me. My students come to school with so much baggage. As I continue to learn more about them, I learn where they come from. Some stories just break my heart, I just can't go there during the day, because I will start sobbing. These children have seen more in their lives than i have in my 34 years, things no child should ever have to see. So I let myself go there and it was an ugly place to be, but it has given me a new appreciation and renewal. So I am walking beside them, making their days memorable and changing the things that I can change. I can hold it together during the day, but some nights I just break (which explains my lack of blogging). I know that God is by my side everyday and is guiding me I just had to start listening.

Moving on...

At the beginning of March I took Logan to an indoor playground. It was a perfect way to relax and run some energy off. He met a little friend and they had a blast running around and trying all the equipment. Logan's favorite piece of equipment was the trampoline. After we left there, we stopped for some lunch, made a trip to the grocery to prepare for more snow ( of course), and we ended the day with frozen yogurt.






3 comments:

Jodee said...

So sorry you had a rough week. I can only imagine what you see and hear at school. There is so much sadness in this world.

Indoor playgrounds are the best. Cute pictures!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

It is so hard to be aware of the things that some children are going through! Praying for you!

Also, that place looks awesome! The St. Patrick's Day pictures and precious and I LOVE Logan's Valentine box. (;

Musings from Kim K. said...

Please know I'm thinking of you and your tough week. My husband comes home with such incredible stories as a school social worker. Know that you are making a HUGE difference in their lives.

Keep loving up your niece and nephew and enjoying those wonderful outings that you come up with!